PCA Wild Rose Region 2011 Driver Education and Track Lapping Events

Guest Basic

Guest SteveA

Make it stop please (this snow). With less than 24 hours to go before our first track day of the season Mother Nature has decided to not be nice to us. I don't have winter tires on my 911. Maybe I should show up in my Jeep. I have always wondered how it would perform on the track driving it to it's limits. I'd probably tip it on turn #6. :rolleyes:

Edited to add: the snow has stopped and the sun is out melting (and hopefully drying the roads). So I guess I will not need to worry about seeing if my Jeep would tip on turn #6 (assuming it didn't tip on turn #1). :cool:

Edited by SteveA

Paul, I want to personally thank you for your considerable and dedicated effort in planning and organizing the DE event this Saturday....it was my first and it was just fantastic!......although I was a little intimidated at first, with the help of my instructor Greg, that soon turned to pure excilleration, as I found out how to gradually shave my lap times down and greatly improve my overall understanding and appreciation of how great Porsches are on the track!...in short, I am no longer a "Sunday Driver"!

Unfortunately, I can't attend the track days later on, which means no more Race City for me......I trully hope that something else develops down the road.

And to the "other Paul", thank you very much for lending me your helmet....much appreciated!....... when can I drop on by?

Alex

Alex

1980 911SC Targa "turbo" - Light Blue Metallic

2007 997TT Coupe - black/black and black - now wrapped Gloss Red Metallic

I will also add my thanks to Paul. It was a very good day - even had the chance to practice driving in snow/hail.

Wayne showed me some better lines through almost every corner - to help me keep SteveA in the rearview mirror on track days... :cool:

Cheers!

John

Guest Basic

Thanks everyone that attended was a very good event, great students and no incidents or issues. Sadly it will be the last drivers education program that the PCA WRR will be putting on at Race City.

Looking forward to the lapping events this year.

Paul

Guest bearman

Great time guys and a well run day. Thanks alot. As a new member to the pca it was good to meet some of the club members and get some time on the track with the awesome instuctors.

Its so wrong that we are going to losing our track this year with no replacement planned.

Did anyone take any pictures of the event?

Did anyone take any pictures of the event?

I was wondering the same thing. I saw someone leaning over the wall at turn 11 with a camera - any chance they will post any pictures?

Guest SteveA
Wayne showed me some better lines through almost every corner - to help me keep SteveA in the rearview mirror on track days... :cool:

Teacher's Pet. :p

It's not me you need to worry about. It's the other Steve. Stephen Tory to be precise. Not only is he fast, but now his car with his new exhaust, sounds mean. Real mean. Who would have thought a non-turbo, non-GT3 would be so scary. Be afraid, be very afraid.

Guest Basic

What til he turbocharges it...crazy Aussie.

Just a reminder, everyone coming out to run on the lapping day MUST have a recent safety inspection. It's a requirement of the PCA as well as our insurance. No inspection means you will NOT be allowed to run on the track.

Guest grbbenny
Any licensed mechanic, where ever you service the car. Dealer/Riegel/Alpine Auto/etc

Yikes, where in the materials does it mention we need a safety inspection?

KMR 968 Turbo
benny: You should have recieved an e-mail with the inspection form attached. The inspection is meant to ensure that the cars are safe to run at the track. For this single event we expect that you will bring a signed inspection form. However, if due to time constraints you are unable to do so please come out anyway and we will figure a way to allow you on the track.
Guest SteveA
What time do the track days start? Are they all day or just in the evenings?

I believe they want people to arrive between 8:00 and 8:30 am with the driver meeting to follow soon afterward. These track days are all day affairs running until 4:00 pm.

• 2 months later...
Guest Darcybrowning
Hi Everyone, having just joined the Forum I'm hoping to meet some of you. Can't make Priddis Greens tonight, but Saturday at Starbucks and the track Monday looks good. Is there a best time to come by? Thanks, D'Arcy
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest SteveA

Someone brought this to my attention. It looks like Allen Berg is listing September 30th as a day he is holding road car lapping events at Race City Speedway, but we at the PCA should have had this date before Allen. Looks like someone has it wrong? PCA? Allen Berg? or Race City Speedway is pulling a fast one on us.

There is no direct URL to Allen's schedule, but you can navigate to it from here:

http://allenbergracingschools.com/register/calgary/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SteveA

Hey John

Yeah Allen has removed the Sept 30th date from his website.

BTW ... how did the gopher cam footage come out from our last PCA track day? If you have a good lap with the camera, post it on YouTube and tell us the URL.

Excellent.

The front bumper cam was very bouncy (bumper too flexible) but the just-off-the-ground side-view was not too bad (still a lot more vibration than inside the window, but watchable) - you can see the front tire working hard. I'll edit it down to a decent lap or two and post it when I can.