Join Today

Wooden Shift Knob

I am looking for a "Cost Effective" wooden shift knob for my 996. I would be interested in something that might need some refurbishing.

I have removed the center consul and would like to get an older look to the interior and a wood shift knob will move the look in the right direction.
    Rob Campbell

2001 996, Cabriolet - Rainforest Green Metallic

1986 928S, India Red - SOLD

Perhaps not cost effective, but I think it looks good!

https://car-bone.pl/shop/porsche-996-997-shifter-kit/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S
    2000 Boxster S
    2000 Carrera
    2010 Panamera 4S
    1989 928GT

Not sure if you're handy or not (or interested in making your own) but the following video gives good pointers on how to make your own:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqE4PevxJ-4

PS: If you haven't heard of Throttle Stop Garage, this guy (in Alberta!) is making a really cool carbon-fiber reskin of a Volvo Canadian. It's worth watching.
    2015 Cayman S

Quote Originally Posted by herve_g View Post
    Not sure if you're handy or not (or interested in making your own) but the following video gives good pointers on how to make your own:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqE4PevxJ-4

PS: If you haven't heard of Throttle Stop Garage, this guy (in Alberta!) is making a really cool carbon-fiber reskin of a Volvo Canadian. It's worth watching.
    That is a great video. I may have to use some Redneck ingenuity to make one myself. Thanks for sharing.
    Rob Campbell

2001 996, Cabriolet - Rainforest Green Metallic

1986 928S, India Red - SOLD

I have a small lathe and made a shift knob a while ago for a BMW. I was pretty happy with how it turned out, but I don't think I have any photos.
    2000 996 C2 Manual

Just watched the Throttle Stop Garage videos and I am impressed. His workmanship looks great for doing it in a garage. Where is he located?

Quote Originally Posted by 86 928S View Post
    I am looking for a "Cost Effective" wooden shift knob for my 996. I would be interested in something that might need some refurbishing.

I have removed the center consul and would like to get an older look to the interior and a wood shift knob will move the look in the right direction.
    there is a guy on Pelican that makes them (I think he builds guitars too), not sure about cost effective, but I?ll ping him.
    Bob James

79 - 911 SC Sold

06 Cayman S
    2010 Panamera Turbo

Do you have the shifter lever out of the car right now? If so, I wouldn't mind seeing the dimensions that the knob needs to fit.
    2000 996 C2 Manual