Wooden Shift Knob

Rob996

I am looking for a "Cost Effective" wooden shift knob for my 996. I would be interested in something that might need some refurbishing.

I have removed the center consul and would like to get an older look to the interior and a wood shift knob will move the look in the right direction.

Rob Campbell

2001 996, Cabriolet - Rainforest Green Metallic

1986 928S, India Red - SOLD

Not sure if you're handy or not (or interested in making your own) but the following video gives good pointers on how to make your own:

PS: If you haven't heard of Throttle Stop Garage, this guy (in Alberta!) is making a really cool carbon-fiber reskin of a Volvo Canadian. It's worth watching.

Not sure if you're handy or not (or interested in making your own) but the following video gives good pointers on how to make your own:

PS: If you haven't heard of Throttle Stop Garage, this guy (in Alberta!) is making a really cool carbon-fiber reskin of a Volvo Canadian. It's worth watching.

That is a great video. I may have to use some Redneck ingenuity to make one myself. Thanks for sharing.

Rob Campbell

I have a small lathe and made a shift knob a while ago for a BMW. I was pretty happy with how it turned out, but I don't think I have any photos.
2000 Carrera Manual
2006 Cayman S Manual
2009 Cayenne GTS Manual
KMR 968 Turbo
Just watched the Throttle Stop Garage videos and I am impressed. His workmanship looks great for doing it in a garage. Where is he located?
I am looking for a "Cost Effective" wooden shift knob for my 996. I would be interested in something that might need some refurbishing.

I have removed the center consul and would like to get an older look to the interior and a wood shift knob will move the look in the right direction.

there is a guy on Pelican that makes them (I think he builds guitars too), not sure about cost effective, but I?ll ping him.

Bob James

06 Cayman S

2018 Macan GTS

Do you have the shifter lever out of the car right now? If so, I wouldn't mind seeing the dimensions that the knob needs to fit.
2000 Carrera Manual
2006 Cayman S Manual
2009 Cayenne GTS Manual
Do you have the shifter lever out of the car right now? If so, I wouldn't mind seeing the dimensions that the knob needs to fit.

The car is a daily driver so the shift lever is still in the car. I can get a couple of pictures of the shift rod with dimensions some time this week.

Rob Campbell