Rajay turbochargers / suspected faulty fuel pump

Alex

Frank, you actually don't need a whole lot of room under the car to access the lower valve covers....that is if you don't mind being horizontal. I've currently got the SC sitting on jacks at the rear of the car and I'm either lying on the garage floor or using a mechanic's creeper. Alternatively, you could use ramps that you can get at Canadian T. I find that sometimes they limit access to certain areas of the undercarriage however. I would highly recommend that you get a hold of a copy of "101 Projects for your Porsche 911" by Wayne Dempsey of Pelican Parts. There is an article in there that will show you how to safely jack up your car. I can lend you mine if you want or I could scan the article and send it to you.

Cheers.....and happy motoring!

Alex

Alex

1980 911SC Targa "turbo" - Light Blue Metallic

2007 997TT Coupe - black/black and black - now wrapped Gloss Red Metallic

Thanks for the offering the book Alex. My brother (Paul) has a copy. I have had to read it on occasion to help Paul put his car back together again. lol

The problem is that my car is very low, I can barely fit a jack under it. CT ramps are out of the question. For the longest time i have been thinking of building a solid ramp to drive up on.

Thanks again for the offer and advice

Frank

Thanks Fritz that would be great. Lets work out a date to do this. It would be great to have you check it out for me

I'm afraid however that there is more snow in the forcast. So it wont be any time soon.

Frank

ps Is it me or did we not get a bit of topic here, sorry!

yes we got of the topic, sorry Alex.

Frank call me and let's work out some date. I am home this weekend and basically doing "NOTHING"

403-933-7304

Fritz