Wild Rose Driver's Education and lapping 2012

Are there any plans so far?

As for rumours, I've heard this...

Posted by Castrol Raceway:

WOW! I'm am continually amazed at the overall responce to the construction of our road coarse; it seems people have been just biting at the bit to get circuit racing in Edmonton. Although I hear many ask "are you really going to build it this time?" with blatant disbelief (Although I'm not sure why- we have never announced intentions to build until this past year; everything previous was just rumor). But YES>>>this time it is for real!

We will be completed this year; likely mid to late summer. At this point we are about 90% complete on the groundwork of Phase 1 and about 60% complete on the groundwork for Phase 2. We will begin the groundwork completion as soon as the frost is completely out of the ground- ideally this week (let's hope we don't get that snow they are calling for at the end of the week- 42 d. today-so looking good). Asphalt companies do not start producing again until the May long weekend; if the weather is perfectly on our side we will begin to pave directly following. This should put us on schedule for a mid summer opening. If our spring is anything like last year (2 solid months of rain May & June) this will obviously through a small wrench in our plans and prolong the opening. Weather is the key factor, keep your fingers crossed for a dry spring. I am so thrilled there is as much excitement from everyone else as there is for us; this is a huge endevor for us and it's great to know it will be well recieved. I'll get a few pics posted as soon as contruction re-starts and continue to update on our progress.

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You never know when you'll bump into a DE day. Sandra and I went out to Uculet BC for the Vancouver Island Region's Black Rock event, and they had included a DE day as part of the event. The event was held on part of the Tofino airport taxiway, which made for a crazy fast DE. The DE included a classroom session, and plenty of track time. Sure, it was a simple track, but the DE was no extra charge beyond the Black Rock registration fee ($150 IIRC). They only had ~20 cars.

I wasn't prepared to track my car, so I didn't get to play by myself, but I did get to drive a few nice cars as I got 'press ganged' into being an instructor.

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT

• 7 months later...

Maybe. I was at an event this weekend and heard a couple things:

- Speeders.ca indoor electric Karts are a lot of fun

- Castrol Raceway(Edmonton) is accepting reservations for track days this year (In August, IIRC)

- Work is still proceeding on a track north of the city, aiming for a 2015 opening.

Lots of other rumours, but nothing else firsthand.

Parking lots are getting hard to arrange in Calgary. What isn't open anymore?

Perci

PCA DE Instructor

2014 Cayman S

2000 Boxster S

2000 Carrera

2010 Panamera 4S

1989 928GT