Sept 5 Track Day - Feedback Wanted

unclebilly

When we booked our Race City track days back in January, we also booked Sunday Sept 5 (the Sunday of the September long weekend). We were going to use this day for our Driver's Education day but we able to get that day in May instead.

How many people are interested in one more track event?

What format are you guys most in favor with?

1. Driver's Ed like the Pringle events we've run over the past 2 years.

2. DE Clinics where instruction is provided in a full track lapping format.

3. Social event with lapping (with instructors for less experienced drivers).

Here is the bad part - the cost (because it is on a weekend) is $5500 - $6000 for the track rental, insurance, and lunch. On 30 cars, we'd need to charge $200 each to make the finances work.

Some options to reduce costs are:

1. Dip into our club finances.

2. Seek sponsorship from one or more of the businesses who like to support our club.

3. Open this up to others outside the club.

4. Do a joint event with another club (I exchanged emails with the Polar region and they are NOT interested).

I am looking for feedback. Let's try to make a decision at the next club meeting (next week).

Scott.

Guest SteveA
How many people are interested in one more track event?

As I told Scott the other day, I am in. Even though I am thrashing my tires, I am trying to get as much seat time as I can this season because one does not know how long the track will stay open.

What format are you guys most in favor with?

My preference is full track open lapping (with instructors for less experienced drivers).

But I will do whatever the majority wants to do.

On 30 cars, we'd need to charge $200 each to make the finances work.

This is actually a pretty good deal considering we have the track for the entire day.

Edited by SteveA
I might be intersted in format 3 for sure. Obviously the lower the cost the better, but $200 isn't obscene assuming we could for sure get 30 cars.

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

I want to attend, and would gladly pay if required - or combine with option 1 or 2, (like Steve I want to maximize use of Race City while it exists), but I will likely be out of town on the long weekend.

So, I vote: maybe.

John

• 2 weeks later...

We decided yesterday to cancel. I had 19 of the needed 26 - 30 participants including 3 from the Polar Region and 2 other non members.

Kevin at Riegel never got back to me with any participants given that they have cancelled their last 4 track days.

I gave the track day back to Race City. Jay Pringle will probably pick the day up given he is running there thsat evening and i will forward the list of interested participants to him.