Leaving for the 2010 PCA Escape on Wednesday September 08 ?

Brodie

Kevin and the Wednesday gang.

I checked on Mapquest and the route via Radium to Golden will add another 1 hr. We still have the construction around Banff to deal with.

I would recommend, that we take the old highway from Banff to Lake Louise. Than we have the intersection to Jasper to deal with and a short strip shortly by Golden.

On our last spring drive through the Rockies, we flew right through with out any problems.

That's my 2 cent's worth, I will go with the flow and se what the rest of the gang want's to do

Fritz

Thanks for the offer Kevin, Andrew and I will just break off from the group get something and join you all back at the lunch stop. Like I said we are lazy not cheap sponges :D:D

I am good on a radio we have 4 at home so no problemo.

Edited by Caymanwalter
Bert Leemburg
Thanks for the offer Kevin, Andrew and I will just break off from the group get something and join you all back at the lunch stop. Like I said we are lazy not cheap sponges :D:D

I am good on a radio we have 4 at home so no problemo.

Caymanwalter: There are a few restaurants on the highway in Revelstoke, MacDonalds, A & W. to name a couple I can think of. See you down the road at the lunch stop.

Bert

Bert Leemburg

Just a note of caution for all of us. Put your beer or wine out of view of the gendarmes, as I mentioned , it is illegal to transport these products across provincial boundaries ( they want their own pound of flesh in B.C), and wine and beer is very expensive in B.C.

So my advice, stock up here, hide your wine or beer (in case we all get pulled over for whatever reason :-)

Cheers for now... it now looks like rain on Wednesday, eh!

Bert

Hi everybody. I just looked at the weather network and Field B.C. is expecting 1-3 cm of snow tonight through tuesday and

5-10 cm of snow tuesday night to wendsday. I will let you know how the road was tomorrow night.

Looks like we will probabaly need to take a more southern route due to this nasty weather. My PS2 tires and I will certainly not take a route where snow is likely. Looks like we should check the forcasts along the route late tonight. If we take highway 3 it will be a 14 hour day. I would rather drive longer than risk snow. Lets see later this evening what the forcast is. Edited by KevinJ

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Check out the BC highway weather cam site, so far no snow in Field.

BC Weather Cams

If it does snow, I imagine that if it stuck and didn't just melt, the snow plows would be out right away.

Has anyone ever driven in similar conditions with PS2 or comparable tires?

I just checked the hourly forecast for Field and its looking better. More chance of rain and if it snows they say less than 1 cm and I doubt it will even stay on the road.

Not much, just enough to keep the windows defrosted. That moment we got out of the snow belt, we had enough heat and even cracked the windows open.

If it get's to cold, I have a blanket for Linda.

You guys with those modern engines have enough heat.

So much that we had to get all crazy and use water to cool it down! Weird hey Fritz? (haha)

I wouldn't be too concerned about the snow. Obviously it wouldn't be ideal, but I can't see it sticking to the road and accumulating enough to cause issues.

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

Hi everyone

The drive today was uneventful, a little rain but no snow, temperatures ranging from 5 degrees up to 17 degrees.

Hit a little road construction along the way but no delays.

• Johnston canyon parkway - 1km - 60 km/hr
  • Junction of the 93 - 17km - 50 up to 70 km/hr
  • Junction at lake louise - 8km - 50 km/hr
  • Kicking horse - 10km - 60 km/hr - WATCH FOR ANIMALS ON ROAD!!!!!
  • Blind bay (Shushwap) - 5km - 70 km/hr

Our total drive time from Bragg Creek up to Sunpeaks, in "an old red trucking towing an older red car", was 8 1/2 hours (excluding stops).

Note to anyone needing gas outside of Alberta, cheapest we saw was in Salmon Arm, regular was 99.9 (didn't see the premium price)

We're at the Delta Residences Suite 1301 if anyone needs anything.

Safe driving.

Mark & Yvette