Leaving for the 2010 PCA Escape on Wednesday September 08 ?

Brodie

Hi everyone,

Please sign up here if you are planning on participating in the Wednesday departure for the 2010 PCA Escape on Wednesday September 08.

Time: Meeting at 7:30 am and departing at 8 am

Kevin and Jane will join the Wednesday Crew. Hoping to join up with Fritz and Linda for a picnic lunch somewhere along the way.

Fritz are you still planning to leave on the Wednesday?

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Planning on heading out Wednesday as well. Just need to make final arrangements and make sure wy wife Beth and I can get there for 7:30/8:00! Really looking forward to the trip and the weekend.

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

I just got a participant list from the Escape organizers and I am missing some of you guys on the list.

Please make sure that you registration went through.

Fritz

I just checked via the Karelo.com web site and I have a confirmation number so assume it made it to Canada West Region.

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Caymanwalter
Kevin I think that list is for the Sunpeaks show and shine, which I posted in a seperate thread. Check if you are on it if you are participating.
Walter: Thanks! I've sent a note to the person who sent you the list as I thought I was signed up for the Show and Shine. Edited by KevinJ

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Warning

I got this message from a BC participant

I discovered this problem last weekend when I travelled to Sun Peaks

from Revelstoke B.C. West along the Trans Canada ( Hwy #1.)

Most GPS navigation devices and Google maps give directions to turn

right at Squilax Anglemont Road just before or the Pinantan road after

Chase B.C.

*_THIS ROAD IS A_**_N_**_ UNPAVED BACKROAD_* and should not be used

unless you have an SUV or 4X4!

I actually spoke to a number of tourists that were guided along this

road in their poor rental cars.

It is imperative that people coming to Escape should *drive through

Kamloops and take the Yellowhead (Hwy #5) North then turn right at Old

Highway 5* ( Heffley louis Creek road) to Sun Peaks.

Looks like 5 or 6 cars so far. Any others?

Fritz - any ideas on a good spot to stop for lunch?

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

I am still working on the convoy list. I will know tomorrow the final participants.

Bert has a friend some where on rout, where we can stop and have a picnic lunch.

I am waiting till Bert get's back home to advice where we will stop.

Fritz

Hi Everyone

I finally got all the names for the Wednesday departure. One of our members can't get out of bed early enough, so we will meet at 8am on Wednesday and hope fully will be on the road around 8:15am.

Plan on a picnic lunch, Bert Leemburg has a spot picked out where we will stop.

The golf shirts are ordered and I will bring them to Crowfoot Centre.

your travel partners will be:

Kevin Johnston kevin.johnston@shaw.ca Jane Ebbern janeebbern@shaw.ca

Jim Thompson jim_thompson@shaw.ca Beth Thompson

Doug Connon dougconnon@shaw.ca

Harold Blower hblower@xplornet.com Catherine Botting

Walter Slany anwalt@shaw.ca Andrew Slany info@anwaltinternational.com

Bert Leemburg leemburg@shaw.ca Evelyn Leemburg

Fritz Peyerl

Linda Caldbick

Jim, I just talked to Bert and he informed me that we will have a spot in Revelstoke. A friend of his offered us his property / Campground

where we can stop and have lunch.

My gourmet picnic lunch menue is set hope all all come up with some good light lunch.

Sounds good Fritz - looking forward to it. One more week to go!

Jim

Ummmmm ... if this forecast came true I'd be a VERY happy camper ...

Wednesday Sep. 8, hi 24 low 10http://www.theweathernetwork.com/common/images/web/wicons/b.gifCloudy periods

Thursday Sep. 9, hi 23 low 10http://www.theweathernetwork.com/common/images/web/wicons/b.gifCloudy periods

Friday Sep. 10, hi 22 low 10http://www.theweathernetwork.com/common/images/web/wicons/b.gifMainly sunny

Saturday Sep. 11, hi 22 low 12http://www.theweathernetwork.com/common/images/web/wicons/a.gifSunny

Edited by JT997TT

Jim

Bert Leemburg

Hi Everyone on the Wednesday Drive,

I just spoke with my nephew Clayton and his wife Cathy in Revelstoke. So this is the "deal"! They own the campground 5 km West of Revelstoke (south side of the highway), it is called Smokey Bear Campground, easily seen by the big statue of "Smokey the Bear" cartoon character ( about 50 ft tall... well maybe 40 ft, eh).

In the back is a covered area for events such as this, with tables and chairs, so just bring your lunch... the well water is excellent too!

I will probably get there before the convoy, to be sure everything is set up!

So Fritz, we will drive ahead and join the convoy after lunch... incidentally there is a Chevron gas station in Revelstoke, along the highway that sells 104 Octane, just find a lot of cash!!!

See you there if not tonight at the meeting.

Bert & Evelyn Leemburg

Hi Bert I am not sure you and I have ever met (we will next Wednesday:) ) but thanks for setting this up sounds like fun. My brother and I are both lazy though and can't make our own lunches so is there somewhere near by to stop and pick something up and then join back up with the group?

PS: I do not carry food in my car :) :)

Walter:

Please consider joining us for the lunch. Jane and I will bring a couple of appetizers type items for sharing and knowing Jane she'll probably try and sneak something into the car for quenching the thirst of the non drivers.

Also reading the Thursday departure group's thread, it looks like going to Radium and then to Golden may give us better road quality and less road construction delays. Something for us to consider.

I have 2 radios and can lend you one for the drive so you can stay in touch along the way with the rest of the convoy.

Have a great day.

Kevin

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5