Join Today

Blow drying a car.

Renee or anyone,
    Have you ever tried using a leaf blower to dry a car after a wash to help prevent swirl marks?
    I've read about this on several forums and it seems like a great idea. The only problem being your neighbors thinking your nuts.

Brodie

Renee
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
    Renee or anyone,
    Have you ever tried using a leaf blower to dry a car after a wash to help prevent swirl marks?
    I've read about this on several forums and it seems like a great idea. The only problem being your neighbors thinking your nuts.

Brodie
    You can totally use one lol. I've seen that done, but it has to have some sort of air filter attachment so in case you inhale anything like bugs or debris they don't come shooting out towards your car! It' also unwise to use compressed air to blow dry, as the compressor oil does make it's way out and no one wants that on their car! Ew! The safe investment is a wet/dry vac with the hepa filter attachment, you can rotate the hose to the exhaust side and use it as an air blower, combined with the hepa filter!

I bought a leaf blower and dried the car with it Friday evening. It works really well and as far as I know the neighbors don't think I'm crazy.

Hi Brodie,
    I mentioned Mo's Trinity of Detailing last night and found the link:
    http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/d...er-finish.html
    (Not sure if I am allowed to post links in here - but hey: you're the admin...)
    There is a lot of detailed detailing information in that particular forum.

It could help you with your Swirl Mark OCD. Or make the OCD worse. We'll let Danielle decide.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by johnstoy View Post
    Hi Brodie,
    I mentioned Mo's Trinity of Detailing last night and found the link:
    http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/d...er-finish.html
    (Not sure if I am allowed to post links in here - but hey: you're the admin...)
    There is a lot of detailed detailing information in that particular forum.

It could help you with your Swirl Mark OCD. Or make the OCD worse. We'll let Danielle decide.

Cheers!
    I think that would make Brodie's OCD worse... but John once you see the leaf blower in action, you'll want to borrow it to satisfy your closet OCD problem too

Kurt Browning's mansion burned down becuase he dried his car with a leaf blower and then left it on, unattended in the garage. Let that be a lesson to all of you. Don't believe me? Here's the story!!

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/10081...e_can_browning

Apparently it was even a Porsche!!!

Article in paper said he was using it to try and dry his seats / interior after he left his car out in a rainstorm. Thankfully no one was hurt.
    Jim

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements
    07 black/black 911 Turbo - EVOMS, Techart, HRE P43SC wheels
    91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - Getting more stock every day

Brodie I was totally thinking of you when I heard about the Kurt Browning's story !!
    I was trying to rush to the site to send you the link however alas I was beat out.

Sorry John, Danielle's just too fast.

That guy's mansion must have been enormous.
    "80 firefighters and 18 fire trucks continued trying to contain the blaze"