Mystery Tour this Saturday

Danielle

Hey hey folks! Are you planning on being part of the http://i.imgur.com/Uue22.gif mystery http://i.imgur.com/Uue22.gif????

Who's comin'?

Post here if you're taking part in the fun.

IMG_4847.jpg

all pre flight in place and 5x5 for takeoff.......rotate!!!

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

Polar Silver/Linen, 192k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'09 Cayenne GTS Tiptronic

Nordic Gold/Black, +336k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Red/Champagne, 110k miles (US car)

What exactly is the Mystery Tour about? I've never been to one, so any insight would be appreciated!

The mystery tour is one of the funnest days of the year. The morning starts by each team getting a sealed envelope. We leave at different times (to keep the mystery of the destination a secret until you find it) and have to complete tasks & gather clues along the way. At the end, we all meet in the same location. (Typically, it ends around 3pm.) The scores are tallied and the teams who complete the tasks with the most accuracy & received the most correct answers win! There are prizes from donors at the end too.

is there a lunch stop planned or are we on our own? gladly bring munchies along for a collective feasting :)

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

is there a lunch stop planned or are we on our own? gladly bring munchies along for a collective feasting :)

Mary and I have scheduled a stop for lunch - probably around 1:00. Feel free to bring munchies though if you have them.

The mystery tour is one of the funnest days of the year. The morning starts by each team getting a sealed envelope. We leave at different times (to keep the mystery of the destination a secret until you find it) and have to complete tasks & gather clues along the way. At the end, we all meet in the same location. (Typically, it ends around 3pm.) The scores are tallied and the teams who complete the tasks with the most accuracy & received the most correct answers win! There are prizes from donors at the end too.

Thanks for the rundown Danielle. Sounds like a great time. Unfortunately my wife just can't come for that long because of having to take care of our 8 month old, but hopefully next year!

1990 964 C2 - Guards Red

2007 Cayman - Guards Red (former)

Ok, so what i understand then is that if I were to miss a clue (likely), then i will truly be on my own mystery tour! Sounds like fun!

I'm in

‘12 Targa 4S - Amythist metallic

'81 SC Targa - sold but not forgotten

Is the "tour"doable solo?

Not to discourage anyone but each leg has a set of questions about things you observe while driving. You really need a co-pilot to write things down as you see them. The scores on the sheets determine what prizes you get. Now if you don't care about any of that then it's simply a drive to various destinations which can be done solo. To get the full experience you should have a passenger. Mary might have a friend who would be willing to go. She co-piloted for Gord Sinclair last year.

Paul, Mary's friend Angela would love to do the tour again. Are you looking for a navigator? She had a lot of fun last time and I highly recommend you have a co pilot to get the most out of the tour.
shoulda went for a "Mary friend":)........thx Eric and Mary, I had fun finding the clues, driving the 900hp RC car then after many trips up and down 84st eventually found Ralphs Park then onto the car show where I didn't see where we all were??? a fantastic display of many exotics ......loved it. After the show and not finding the next set of instructions I blasted outta town and laid some Michelin rubber on the 1A to Canmore. thx all for making the day so eventful......I'll do it right nxt year, cheers.:cool: Edited by malcolm

'21 Macan GTS PDK

Miami Blue/Black, 7k kms

'93 928 GTS 5 speed

'88 928 S4 A/T

Black/Ivory, 190k kms

'88 928 S4 A/T

Thanks everyone for participating. The weather was awesome and I hope everyone had a good time regardless of how many things Mary and I threw your way. Special thanks go to Hy and Loc at Cosmo Collision for setting up the RC Car track and donating a polish and detail prize, South Centre Porsche for their Martini Racing jacket and Porsche Racing shirt prize donation, Mobile Solutions for taking care of two stops on the tour and their $100 Itunes gift card prize and finally Kirkland Automotive for their winter service prize donation. Getting support from our vendors makes an event like this go off much more entertaining and easier and I really appreciate their willingness to help. We also had help from outside vendors, namely the Fieldstone Winery people and the infamous "Don" at the Millarville Market. Thanks again and I hope to see you on the drive next weekend. Edited by KMR 968 Turbo

This was the event Robyn and I always wait for and it lived up to our expectations. We had a great time thank you to Mary and Eric for organizing and planning a wonderful day, looking forward to next year already :)

PS: better luck next year Courtney and Shane hehe

Erik & Mary: You guys put a ton of work & allot of heart into the Mystery Tour again this year. It was challenging & fun all the way through. With some fabulously clever tasks, you 2 really outdid yourselves! Thanks for everything, Brodie and I loved it!!

IMG_3211.jpg

IMG_3214.jpg