Spotted!

billybek

It might be a good idea to have a "Spotted" category on the forum to describe/show some of the outstanding cars we see around Calgary and area.

Last weekend I saw an amazing black short wheelbase car on Wildwood Drive. It had gold lettering on the deck lid and short back buckets. Sorry no pictures this time.

The car might have belonged to someone from Concept 1 as I have seen their dropped early VW Doka out in front of the house occasionally.

I saw a McLaren SLR getting shined up at a local body shop last week. Pretty rare siting as wiki states "Mercedes-Benz stated that they would build 3,500 SLRs over a span of seven years, with an annual production of 500 cars.[1] The car's base price is GB£295,337(approx. US$450,000 or 351,269 , c. 2009).[2]"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d0/Mercedes-Benz_SLR_McLaren_2_cropped.jpg/250px-Mercedes-Benz_SLR_McLaren_2_cropped.jpg

According to the tech, the local owner shines it up and then drives it 500KM and puts it away for next year.

I have to be honest and say it was actually very underwhelming in person and my initial impression was that the body looked dated - almost 70s or 80s ish. Hard to imagine from the pic above, but just telling you my thoughts ...

Jim

17 black/black Audi R8 V10 Plus - still within the VW family! a few minor upgrades

12 black/black Cayenne Turbo - a few minor cosmetic enhancements

91 black/black/black 911 C4 Cab - keeping it pretty OEM and basic

Last weekend I saw an amazing black short wheelbase car on Wildwood Drive. It had gold lettering on the deck lid and short back buckets. Sorry no pictures this time.

The car might have belonged to someone from Concept 1 as I have seen their dropped early VW Doka out in front of the house occasionally.

That was probably Ken's (owner of Concept-1). He just picked up a black 68 SWB with a 2.0S motor in it. It's a pretty sweet car!

• 1 month later...

On the drive home from Nanton, Danielle and I saw a Mercedes Benz McLaren SLR driving north on Dearfoot.

Sorry the picture kind of sucks, it was taken through the windshield with little notice.

SLR-AMG.jpg

• 2 months later...