• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dragon

• vr6tee

• mbeckergt3

• stevea

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had an absolute blast, thanks to all of those involved in the organization and execution of the event!

One of the guys there told me there is a Facebook page that had more details of the event, including pictures and video - anyone know what it is?

My GTS was incredibly consistent with 1/4 mile times of 11.36, 11.39, 11.40 & 11.42 (in order, due to the increasing heat I suspect) all at 121/122 MPH. My best 1/2 mile was 18.18 @ 147 MPH.

991.2 GT3, Mexico Blue

993 C4S, Stone Grey Metallic

1993 America Roadster, Black (for now)

2021 Taycan 4S, Chalk

Past

997.2 Turbo, Meteor Grey

2017 Macan GTS, White

991.2 GTS, Carmine Red

2020 Macan GTS, Chalk

Awesome day for sure, well organised and just the right size, however I know I now need a lot more practice.

My last run was a meager 19.6 1/2 at 141 MPH

I had an absolute blast, thanks to all of those involved in the organization and execution of the event!

One of the guys there told me there is a Facebook page that had more details of the event, including pictures and video - anyone know what it is?

My GTS was incredibly consistent with 1/4 mile times of 11.36, 11.39, 11.40 & 11.42 (in order, due to the increasing heat I suspect) all at 121/122 MPH. My best 1/2 mile was 18.18 @ 147 MPH.

Search for half mile invitational on Facebook. I’m not sure if it’s visible as it’s a secret group. If you add me on Facebook I can add you to the page.

Ps. The next event was scheduled for July 21st today!

It was a blast!

Ross & I did the 1st run of the event & when I finally called it a day, the volunteers were doing fun runs with their cars.

Times were all over the place as my archaic, human-activated launch control & shifting was inconsistent lol.

1/2 mile speeds were in the 146-150mph with times varying from 18.9 to 21.8.

I probably should have skipped the last run or two though, it was a sketchy drive home without the hydraulic assist on the clutch & virtually no power steering lol.

A few photos from the event! Article and photos to follow in a future newsletter.

Kevin

DSC_0492.jpg

DSC_0496.jpg

DSC_0703.jpg

DSC_0711.jpg

DSC_0882.jpg

DSC_0821.jpg

DSC_0814.jpg

DSC_0786.jpg

DSC_0725.jpg

22 Porsche Cayman GT4

21 BMW X5

Went to spectate and ended up staying all day. That was a total blast!

Brodie should have his car ready for the next one.

Will be interesting to see how it compares next to the E63 AMG wagon.

Those Cadillacs were absolute beasts, never thought one could move so fast. They stole the show.

mrdunlop944
Great photos Kevin, I echo Danielle’s comments as I was there to spectate and stayed all day, it really was a fantastic way to spend the day. I’ll be going to the next one as well.

84 944 SOLD

85 944/1

85.5 944 Parts car Sold

86 944 SOLD

86 944 Turbo SOLD

88 944S parts car sold

88 924S Sold

88 944 Turbo S SOLD

89 944 Turbo

90 944S2 coupe Sold

90 944S2 coupe Parts car Sold

90 944S2 Cabrio SOLD

Agreed - great event! Installing a new differential in my M3 and will try to make it out to run (towards the back of the pack) in the next one!

Erik

2001 911 Turbo X50

1980 911SC - Black, 3.2 litre short stroke SOLD!

2002 BMW M3 - Carbon Black over Cinnamon

I’m glad everyone enjoyed it. We had a lot of very positive feedback and I expect the future events to fill up quickly, but I’ll always keep spots open for club members to come down.

Ah too bad July 21st is the European Classic Car Show in Stanley Park.

Maybe next one in August?

Just not Sunday, August 19th, that's the club's 3rd not-an-autocross autocross event of the season.

• 1 month later...
Our final event of 2018 has been scheduled for 2018.... September 22nd. The last one was our best yet and expect this one to be even better. My car will be attending with the new setup and i would like to see some other Porsche’s.
Our final event of 2018 has been scheduled for 2018.... September 22nd. The last one was our best yet and expect this one to be even better. My car will be attending with the new setup and i would like to see some other Porsche’s.

So how do we get in on this event? Is there a website? Motorsportsreg?

Hi Steve ... 'pre-registration' is open http://halfmileevent.com/ -- although I've lost track on how it exactly works the first time. For obvious good reasons folks are reviewed and approved the first time they register. I think 'pre-registration' is for those who have registered and attended before, then it is opened up wider. Also there is a private Facebook page I suggest you send a request into https://www.facebook.com/groups/halfmile/?ref=group_header , it has all the most current info, links, pics, videos, etc.

See if these links work, fyi - James doesn't check this forum (or his WR PM) super often. I just dropped him a note to add some more information here / links for us Porschepeople. So far 25 people registered (out of typically 50 I think), just James (obviously) and myself registered so far from the club.

M

Edited by mbeckergt3
I created an account on the "halfmileevent.com" website and have registered for the 3rd event, though I am aware that registration does not mean I have been approved at this time.

James reverted back to me and confirmed registration is indeed open. For sure he approves each registration, but I don't think is normally a problem esp. with P club members. He says this one is filling up especially fast this time so suggest all interested members register as soon as possible.

http://halfmileevent.com/

Saturday, September 22

Cost to run is $100 by interact email as part of the reg. process.

Spectators are welcome, no need to register, $15 cash at the entrance (no change or debit card etc. available)

M

Edited by mbeckergt3
Registered, confirmed & paid!

Clutch seems good (for now), hopefully no tuning issues on the horizon between now & then lol.

Awesome! Did you finally install a new clutch? :)

Looks like I am registered, approved, paid and ready to go. :D

Not sure how to change my avatar on the website, as the one assigned to me does not look like me (the dude is much better looking than I am ... LOL). But it's not a big deal.

I just select a random pic for all :) Once I've met people I may update their avatars, such as Mark has a little less hair than some.

4 Porsches are registered so far!

I am planning on a killer Nissan GT-R coming down and racing my car. It will be a pretty exciting race to see. He makes 1900 WHP and has ran an 8.2@174MPH 1/4 mile.